Initiative: Use these sample phrases to craft meaningful performance evaluations, drive change and motivate your workforce.
An initiative is the ability to assess and initiate things independently often done without any managerial influence offered.
Initiative: Exceeds Expectations Phrases
- Does not pause to be told what to do, always seeks new tasks to work on
- Doesn't need close supervision in any functions, works well without any supervision
- Always a goal oriented person sets priorities and accomplishes them
- Highly flexible with the ability to adjust to the ever-changing needs of the company.
- A highly creative person who is skilled in finding ways to perfect the performance
- Has a high sense of responsibility always completing projects on time
- Never feels satisfied with the performance, always seeking new ways to improve
- A great supporter of new ideas, goals and working methods no matter who suggests them
- Always ready to take on new tasks whenever it happens
- Has excellent communication skills that get the job done through talking to others
Initiative: Meets Expectations Phrases
- Takes the initiative in overcoming obstacles and meeting the organization's goals
- Holds high ethical standards that are apparent through all the work delivered
- Always goes above and beyond the job description and duties to satisfy the customers
- Very compassionate and listens to the client's concerns making them know they are heard
- Shows high energy in undertaking challenges related to the assigned tasks
- Highly committed to maintaining punctuality that has contributed to a large extent to the overall success of the team
- Always eager to obtain constructive feedback that ensures better performance in all the tasks
- Instill a sense of teamwork among the co-workers promoting an atmosphere of cooperation and collaboration
- Always willing to accept responsibility for the tasks given and remain accountable
- Always ready to take on more tasks even before finishing the first
Initiative: Needs Improvement Phrases
- Not as experienced and knowledgeable as shown in the application
- Must always be under close supervision to perform or complete any task
- Highly inactive and not ready to learn any new skills or develop older ones
- A difficult person who is too difficult to handle generally or follow rules
- Hardly improves in any given task and continues to neglect new opportunities presented
- Does not perform under pressure and finds it hard to adjust to new or challenging atmosphere
- Does not think outside the box and is always afraid of making concrete decisions
- Does not generate any new ideas or recognize new solutions for problems
- Has inferior abilities to establish personal priorities and courses of action
- Lacks planning skills, therefore, does every task without a viable plan
Initiative: Self Evaluation Questions
- Are you pushed to think creatively and explore new opportunities?
- Do you have to be told what to do or you take the lead?
- Are you creative enough to come up with decisions for hard tasks?
- Have you sighted any improvement from the last evaluation season?
- Are you prepared to learn new skills and incorporate them into your work?
- Do you have the ability to plan your personal goals and accomplish them?
- How well do you handle work pressure, deadlines, and coworkers?
- Do you establish personal priorities to enable you to complete first tasks first?
- Do you accept responsibility quickly without passing on the blame?
- Do you take positive criticism well or do you allow your feeling to lead you?