Master the following decision-making interview questions to demonstrate a candidate's ability to make a judgement.
In every job interview, the manager wants to understand their employee fully before proceeding through the hiring process. In many job interviews, you are likely to encounter many decision making and judgemental question especially if you are applying for a position that involves decision making such as; project manager, financial manager, medical position, etc.
We all make a decision every day. The manager wants to the logic you follow when making the decision. How you respond to these decision-making interview questions can set you apart from other candidates who have applied for this position. Read the following decision-making interview questions and think about the responses and improve where you can.
- Why did you choose your current career path? What motivated you to make a decision?
- Do you have goals? What are your goals and how do you plan on reaching them?
- Tell us how you respond to changes that require immediate attention? How does the intensity of the decision affect you throughout the process?
- Do you research before making a decision?
- With so many opportunities in other companies, why did you choose our company?
- Why did you decide to apply for the position?
- Discuss with us a situation you made at the workplace, and you had to deal with the consequences?
- Did your ex-boss ever challenge a decision you made at the workplace?
- Have you ever made a decision that doesn’t fall into your responsibilities in the company? How did you make the decision?
- Give us a scenario where you used excellent analytical skills to make a judgement?
- In your previous job, have you ever encountered equal viable solutions? How did you go about choosing one?
- Help us a situation where you anticipated a problem and made a preventive solution?
- Tell us a situation when you had to change your work priorities due to work changes?
- Do you like to make the decision individually or as a team?
- When delegating a task to fellow colleagues, how do you divide the work? How do you come up with the decision?
- As a supervisor, how do you decide when is the right time to discuss with the employees their shortcomings in the company?
- Tell us a situation where you had to work with your fellow colleagues to get a job done?
- Which decisions do you seek other help?
- How do you motivate your fellow colleagues when working on the same goal?
- Have you ever made a decision that did upset co-workers or a customer? How did you cope with the situation?