Political Skills: Use these examples for setting employee performance goals. Help your employees master this skill with 5 fresh ideas that drive change.
Political Skills are abilities to build connections with other people to get things done within the formal and informal power structure of an organization.
Political Skills: Set Goals for your Employees. Here are some examples:
- Learn to give and receive feedback from those around me or those I seek to lead.
- Appreciate the efforts made by others and be willing to change when necessary.
- Develop and maintain strong and beneficial relationships to achieve the desired impact.
- Know how to convince people to buy into my ideas and way of thinking.
- Learn to manage a crisis or unexpected situations in a very sober and mature way.
- Learn to think first before speaking to avoid saying unwanted and unforgettable things.
- Always be open and honest when dealing with people to earn their trust easily.
- Establish good and beneficial networks with all sorts of people regardless of their background or status.
- To be aware of what goes around me socially and to be able to discern between different social situations.
- To communicate clearly and concisely way so that people can understand what I am trying to put across.
Political Skills: Improve and master this core skill with these ideas
- Always think before we speak. Wise managers who are skilled have impulse control that allows them to think clearly before speaking.
- Manage others skillfully. Leaders ought to have the ability to skillfully manage others without bossing around too much making the employees demoralized. Excellent managerial skills involve maintaining a healthy relationship with your workers at all levels.
- Keep positive influence. Effective influencers create stronger relationships and a good rapport with others.
- Improve your power of perception. Improve your view of others eliminating any biased personal opinion you may carry towards anybody.
- Learn to network. Leaders who possess a strong network have a great ability to create lasting relationships with their workers as well as network with other people.