Phone Skills: Use these examples for setting employee performance goals. Help your employees master this skill with 5 fresh ideas that drive change.
Phone Skills are useful to present a professional company image through the telephone to the customers while making them feel well informed and appreciated without necessarily seeing their faces.
Phone Skills: Set Goals for your Employees. Here are some examples:
- To listen attentively to what the other person is saying without interrupting.
- Ask appropriate questions and to seek for clarifications on issues not well understood.
- Avoid unnecessary distractions whenever I am about to make a phone call.
- To always speak in an inviting and positive tone to make the conversation relaxed and appealing.
- To show the willingness of taking full control of a conversation especially if I am the one making the phone call.
- To always try to address the caller by official names or title while conversing over the phone.
- Not to use slang word or inappropriate language during a phone conversation and to respond appropriately with words like yes or no.
- Learn to ask and put the caller on hold correctly and professionally.
- Manage my emotions well especially when handling an irate or upset caller.
- Use normal tone when making calls and do not to speak loud when it affects those around.
Phone Skills: Improve and master this core skill with these ideas
- Maintain a positive tone. Always use a natural, enthusiastic tone while communicating either on the phone or verbally to keep your customers feel comfortable.
- Clear enunciation. You ought to have the ability to understand what someone is saying through the phone conversations to build a productive conversation.
- Be genuine in your communication. Use the formal greetings and accept greetings as well as a good conversation starter. Offer a firm handshake as a confident way to meet new people.
- Address people by their names use the customer's or the employees? or the staff's names in addressing them personally.
- Ensure all their clients are satisfied. Handle all the clients in a way that they are left pleased with your communication, service, and products.
Written by on