Understand how to engage your organization retail sector by using the following ideas.
Retaining the employees through engagement at any position can be a difficult task. The retail sector, for example, provides employment to thousands of employees. The sector, however, faces difficult time unusually high rate of turnover and due to such a large number there might be reduced wages. It is evident that in any organization, the success of a retail sector primarily depends on the engagement of the employees to both the Company and to providing customer service.
Employee engagement activities in retail sector will make the staff feel valued. As an HR, you should focus on activities that will boost your relationship with the employee. These employee engagement activities in retail sector will reduce the rate of turnover, increase loyalty thus leading to high performance in the organization. Here are employee engagement activities in retail sector for your organization.
- Appreciation day- have annual or semi-annual appreciation day for your employees.
- Trophy- Trophy week. Let the award be switched weekly on the top sales made
- Note- Thank you letter to your employees.
- Benefits- include benefits schemes for retail staffs
- Public recognition- recognize your employees in a meeting for their work.
- Training- Invest on the employees training.
- Webinars- an open forum where employees interact and discuss work-related ideas.
- Meetings- include staffs from the retail section in your organization meetings.
- Seminars- allow the employee to attend workshops that will boost their productivity.
- Tools- provide the employees with software and equipment that will increase their productivity.
Time management activities
- Flexibility- let the employees work on their time.
- Schedules- develop a work schedule that fits the staff.
- Time off- let them have time with their families.
- Off day- let the employee have days off.
- Work life balance- organization, offers employee support to balance their personal and work life.
- Competitions- not necessary in the sales area but let them have a competitive environment.
- Social day- create a social day once per week.
- Gamification- let the employee play favorite games during their happy hours.
- Sports- engage employee through sports activities.
- Party- throw a party to the staffs and let them interact with staff from other departments.
- Charity- let workers in the retail sector participate in charity events.
- Event planning- let them manage and plan an organization event.
- Personal celebration- birthdays and anniversaries.
- Decision making- let them make of contributing in decisions on their line of work.
- Health activities- 15 minute massages to your sale staff once in a while.