Although appreciation should be done regularly, it is important to have an employee appreciation day to recognize various employees. This can be set either at the end of a company's financial year or the starting of another year. How do you prepare for the day? These employee appreciation day ideas can offer you great choices.
Inexpensive gift items
- A bouquet of flowers can go a long way in making the employees feel appreciated
- Offer a gift card- You can give them a gift card to the local exquisite coffee café or a pizza joint.
- Provide a congratulatory card - A well-decorated card with complementary remarks may be all you need to say you are thankful for your employees' efforts.
- Send a thank you note to the top performer - A thank you note sent through email and signed by colleagues together with the executives of the organization, can mean a lot.
- You can also give employee badges with their names on it and their achievements
- Send a word to other employees about the performance of the employee.
- Be polite and friendly to them.
- Encourage those employees who are furthering their education and their career.
- Place a placard in front of their office and a banner at the reception where every person who comes to the organization can see them.
- Applaud them during the annual general meeting of the company.
Celebrate employees' accomplishments
- Appreciate their achievements in the business and in their personal lives, including the birth of a child or marriage.
- Honor employees when they win awards for the company.
- Offer promotion for employees who have performed beyond the expectations of the company.
- Revamp their office- This can include furniture, curtains, and any other items.
- Complete an initiative you have been promising to implement.
- Offer an employee a vacation. The provision might extend to their life partners and family.
- Create a pizza party where all the colleagues and the executives are invited.
- Invite a manicurist or masseuse to the office to treat the top performers.
- Provide holiday gift cards to the achievers to enjoy with their families.
- Plan a dinner party for the employees, where the best will be recognized and rewarded.
Create a good rapport with the employees
- Take new hires out for lunch.
- Create a pizza party in the honor of top achievers where all the colleagues and the executives are invited.
- Provide flexible schedules for the top performers.
- Hold a one-on-one meeting with the high achievers and get to know them well.