Managing Details: Use these examples for setting employee performance goals. Help your employees master this skill with 5 fresh ideas that drive change.
Managing Details is the skill of paying close attention to details of every element of your job performance to ensure nothing is overlooked.
Managing Details: Set Goals for your Employees. Here are some examples:
- Develop or use systems to organize or track information and work progress
- Check and re-check other employees' work, even those who are outside own department, before and after completion
- Show concern for all areas of the work provided and follow up on work outputs
- Learn to identify gaps in any information provided and look for logical sequence in the information
- Help other employees generate fresh perspectives, new approaches, and breakthrough ideas that will help them produce accurate and quality work
- Clearly communicate to other employees when they are not meeting the expected results and encourage them to propose ideas to increase performance
- Take the time to explore the situation under consideration in order to find out the reasons behind the cause
- Develop a high but possible personal and professional standard in order to meet the standards of other employees, customers, and the company at large
- Set crystal clear plans and development schemes that work in order to produce an all polished and perfect product
- Work hard on the assigned task or project and go that extra mile to include more detail to the final product
Managing Details: Improve and master this core skill with these ideas
- Label items using needed and not needed tags - The best way to separate your office items is to use labels and tags. When you tag your items, it will always be easy to find the necessary information within a short while. Following the idea of labeling the much needed and not needed items and arranging them in appropriate lists should make your work easier in looking up what is necessary.
- Invest in a workplace management software - This software helps you organize things surrounding your workplace in a way that assists you to carry out your daily tasks without interruptions efficiently. The workplace management software helps you plan tasks, manage documents and keep accurate records. It also allows to come up with an electronic list of all the office items, helping you organize them into the required and not required categories.
- Maintain a clean workplace - Use your workplace to mirror your excellent skills in being clean and organized. Schedule daily maintenance tasks and regular cleaning checkpoints at least once every week. Your workplace requires regular cleaning and inspection so spend a few minutes each day to clean it and make it stand out. Your workplace is the first impression the customer gets when they meet you. It tells a million things about your character and ability to remain clean and organized.
- Be disciplined and self-organized - To be an effective employee, you have to learn to be a self-organized and disciplined person who does everything efficiently by using to do lists and schedules at the workplace. This is a management step that enables you to keep the habit of maintaining and following the specified procedures and rules required in the place of work management checklist. With this discipline learned and utilized, things work smoothly in the workplace.
- Communicate clearly - All workers need to understand clearly what is expected of them on any given day. Communicating effectively with employees allows them to figure out what is required of them and what they are supposed to be doing. Manager and supervisors should also be comfortable talking one on one with the entire team.