Practical Thinking: Use these examples for setting employee performance goals. Help your employees master this skill with 5 fresh ideas that drive change.
Practical Thinking is the skill to think creatively about projects or work that requires your full attention to be completed and to bring great results.
Practical Thinking: Set Goals for your Employees. Here are some examples:
- Adopt a strategic approach to the situation at hand and actively follow through on that strategy
- Be prepared to shift own strategy or analysis of the problem as one is presented with more information about the problem
- Think about the details or different parts of a problem in order to understand and explain it properly
- Use diagrams such as organizational charts or flow diagrams in order to see how different ideas relate to each other
- Evaluate the source of the information in order to ensure that it is reliable and that it is backed up by evidence
- Compare own initial thoughts about the situation and what one has found out in order to identify where own views have changed
- Take something that others see quite often or take for granted and analyze it to see if it could be a solution to the problem at hand
- Compare and contrast similar contexts in order to start understanding the differences between them
- Identify, analyze and solve a problem systematically rather than by instinct or intuition
- Seek to determine whether the findings, arguments, and ideas represent the entire picture and be open to finding that they do not
Practical Thinking: Improve and master this core skill with these ideas
- Live in the now - tending to the business that needs to be done now is better than idling around waiting for big business to come in the future. Living in the present means, you take care of what you have now and handle it as if it's all you got as you dream or think about the future. This teaches the importance of what's in front of you along with the urgency it requires.
- Adapt to situations - Stop getting mad when things get crazy. You can remain calm even when things are going crazy left, right and center. Flexibility is essential when it comes to dealing with situations of different magnitude. The earlier you learn how to address such situations the better.
- Always pursue your goals - Practical thinkers ensure they don't waste time idling around. They are always in pursuit of their goals ensuring that they reach each one of them without fail. Pursuing your goals to meet them develops your character, grows your careers and profits the business.
- Practice efficiency - efficiency is an essential technique in all the workplaces. There is no time for delaying or procrastinating, everything must be promptly done. Efficiency is measured in productivity, and that's what a company is looking for.
- Practice using common sense - Practical thinking accompanies the use of common sense. Using good judgment skills to make a critical decision is a quality that should be implemented to help keep the balance and insights.
Written by on