Initiative: Use these examples for setting employee performance goals. Help your employees master this skill with 5 fresh ideas that drive change.
An initiative is the ability to assess and initiate things independently often done without any managerial influence offered.
Initiative: Set Goals for your Employees. Here are some examples:
- Plan on what to do each day without necessarily getting a schedule from the management
- Work without any supervision and deliver as per the expectations
- Seek to improve that which does not please the supervisors
- Be willing to improve the quality of performance by taking on training
- Assume responsibility for every action and task without passing on blame
- Seek new opportunities that challenge the capability to a new level of performance
- Think creatively of new ways to solve upcoming problems in the workplace
- Attempt to do things differently and see the results changes
- Set daily targets and ensure they are completed before the close of each working day
- Be a good steward of companies resources and time ensuring none is wasted on irrelevant things
Initiative: Improve and master this core skill with these ideas
- Do not stand still. Constantly move around searching for new methods to do things differently and get better results. Most times when we do thing the same way over and over again, we end up getting the same results, and the effectiveness fades away. Ideas are the most expensive items that be offered to you, don't overlook them rather use them.
- Do more than what is expected of you. Perfectly implement the delegate tasks and go the extra mile to do the unexpected. An outstanding quality is standing out from the ordinary by carrying out tasks that are not even delegated to you in any way. This shows maturity and success in career growth.
- Speak up and share ideas. There is need to speak up even if you are not loud, ensure that the suggestions you present are based on broad research and sufficient facts and can be realized shortly.
- Consider every opportunity. opportunities are everywhere but only those who open their eyes will see them. People who can see them and make use of them prosper in the future. Make a habit of asking what opportunities are present in every situation constantly? Think creatively how you can use any opportunity given to you. By taking advantage of all the possibilities offered to you, you develop more skills getting a chance to showcase your unique professional abilities. You simply need to analyze the displayed items, get an opportunity and act upon it.
- Ask enough questions. Taking initiative means you understand the way forward all the way to the end. Asking the right questions does not mean you are foolish, it just means you are thinking creatively. Be curious about everything and ask the right questions that will give you the answers you require. This will birth new ideas and ways to contribute to the company growth and the personal career growth.
Written by on