Time Management: Use these sample phrases to craft meaningful performance evaluations, drive change and motivate your workforce.
Time Management is the capacity for an individual to assign specific time slots to activities as per their importance and urgency to make the best possible use of time.
Time Management: Exceeds Expectations Phrases
- Excels at prioritizing work by avoiding being involved in endless details
- Always on target and on time with assigned tasks and is a master of time management
- Generates more work than expected even when working under pressure and tight deadlines
- Trusted to deliver urgent work without compromising on quality and preciseness
- Customers leave positive feedback on turnaround time no matter the urgency
- Assists others in managing their time and building their time-management skills
- Meets all deadlines and makes the best use of time
- Creates and implements effective time-saving strategies and has a great sense of timing
- Completes tasks early and is sensitive to constraints and time demands of others
- Excels at estimating the time required for completing projects and manages to complete more work in less time
Time Management: Meets Expectations Phrases
- Completes tasks on time, avoids time wasters and establishes appropriate priorities
- Knows what has to be done and what should not be done
- Keeps projects on schedule, tracks them carefully, and delivers results on time
- Uses technical tools that assist in delivering work more quickly
- Develops practical schedules, effectively assigns tasks to others, and is committed to get work done
- Follows proven time-management systems and appreciates that time is money
- Makes commitments to meet deadlines and makes productive use of the available time
- Makes commitments to estimate the time required to complete a project
- Seeks assistance to solve a problem quickly and avoids lagging behind
- Balances the speed of delivering work with quality and shows commitment to make improvements in both aspects
Time Management: Needs Improvement Phrases
- Rarely completes assigned work on time and devotes a lot of time on non-priorities
- Always attempts to do unrealistic amount of work rather than delegating some task to other employees
- Constantly feels overwhelmed and blames others when late to deliver work
- Treats deadlines like an option and constantly sets aside vital projects
- Delivers low-quality work to beat the clock and is poor in time-management
- Allows tasks to pile-up, rushes in the last-minute, and ends up falling behind others
- Miscalculates the time required to complete projects and ends up missing deadlines
- Rarely keeps a record of upcoming deadlines and major events
- Rarely seeks assistance to solve a problem quickly and ends up struggling to catch-up with others
- Spends a lot of time crafting excuses and lacks sense of urgency
Time Management: Self Evaluation Questions
- Do you plan your time and evaluate how you use it periodically when working on a project?
- Are you able to distinguish between unimportant and important tasks when working on a project?
- Do you maintain a plan and say no to constant interruptions while working?
- Can you point out the things distracted you from delivering work on time?
- Were there any instances where you felt that you took more time to get work done than other times?
- What attempts are you making to speed up your productivity without compromising on the quality of work?
- Do you keep a well-organized record of all the upcoming deadlines?
- How do you react when you realize that time is running out and you are yet to finish a project?
- Is there a time you had to seek assistance from another person to solve a problem quickly?
- Do you make your schedules flexible enough to accommodate emergencies?