Resource Use: Use these sample phrases to craft meaningful performance evaluations, drive change and motivate your workforce.
Resource Use is the ability to utilize the office supplies effectively while avoiding any wastage and ensuring everything is used correctly.
Resource Use: Exceeds Expectations Phrases
- Creates a single resource pool for all projects in order to have a better visibility and accuracy of resource availability and utilization
- Develops a skills library associated with the available resources in order to make sure that one has the necessary capabilities when building a team to work on own projects
- Maintains a centralized schedule of own resources in order to determine workloads accurately and identify possible conflicts
- Develops a strategy to address resource shortages in own projects by determining accurate work efforts for the projects at hand
- Prioritizes and categorizes resources in different buckets in order to get the most out of them
- Includes contingency plans in a resource management strategy to allow for a "plan B" in the event of unexpected changes
- Implements a forecasting strategy that facilitates better staffing for current and future projects
- Develops a workers' incentive program that limits turnover and builds continuity in own resource pool for effective planning
- Uses technology to automate strategies and processes and to provide a streamlined approach to managing resources
- Uses project management tools to look for project areas that need attention, and then seeks to understand how one can help
Resource Use: Meets Expectations Phrases
- Uses tools that allow teams to collaborate and foster both creativity and productivity
- Makes sure that all resources are aligned and that every team member is working towards a common goal
- Involves resources in project planning and project delivery processes and encourages open discussions about possible risks to the project at hand
- Gets to know team members' strengths, skills, and the type of work that motivates them in order to match them with the perfect tasks
- Uses project resource management tools to extract information and generate reports in order to save time and improve accuracy
- Develops a resource plan in order to determine the resources one needs at hand for effective project planning
- Anticipates potential problems and gathers resources necessary to fix them should they occur
- Plans for a recruitment exercise beforehand; communicates the skills one needs to acquire as early as possible in order to give the recruitment team enough time to identify appropriate resources for the exercise
- Continuously updates the resource capability database with pertinent information in order to keep track of every resource
- Keeps team members and other employees happy and highly motivated in order to prevent high employee turnover
Resource Use: Needs Improvement Phrases
- Sets clear goals but does not maintain a good communication strategy to let others know what is expected of them
- Does not keep employees motivated by recognizing their hard work thus experiences a high employee turnover
- Regards use of technology as a waste of the company resources rather than a way to improve productivity
- Starts a project without first identifying and gathering all the resources one needs thus gets stuck in the middle
- Uses the company resources for unnecessary ventures rather than for ventures that increase its productivity
- Sets unrealistic goals that are highly unachievable thus ends up wasting plenty of the company's time and resources
- Solves the current problem but does not gather the necessary resources to prevent the problem from happening again in the future
- Is reluctant to use project resource management tools to track a project or improve its accuracy
- Does not take the time to learn employee's strengths and skills thus matches the employees with inappropriate tasks
- Is reluctant to use tools that allow teams to collaborate and improve their productivity as well as that of the company
Resource Use: Self Evaluation Questions
- What basic rules have you followed for successful resource planning? How has this helped you to manage resources effectively?
- What factors have you considered when managing resources at work?
- Describe a time when you have started a project without all the required resources. Were you happy with the outcome? Explain your answer
- How do you make sure that your team members have all the skills needed to accomplish a certain task?
- Describe a time when your company has experienced the highest employee turnover. What was the problem? What are some of the things that you have done to prevent high employee turnover?
- What are some of the project management tools that you have used to keep track of your projects or automate important aspects of a project?
- Describe a time when you have had to use a resource for a longer period of time than you expected? What were the consequences?
- Describe a time when you identified a project that was consuming more company resources than needed. What did you do with the project?
- How have you ensured a fair and balanced resource allocation when planning your projects or tasks?
- How have you determined the best resource for a specific requirement? Explain the last time this happened