Interpersonal Skills: Use these sample phrases to craft meaningful performance evaluations, drive change and motivate your workforce.
Interpersonal Skills are a set of abilities that enable a person to positively interact and work with others effectively while avoiding office disputes and personal issues with each other.
Interpersonal Skills: Exceeds Expectations Phrases
- Has a perfect sense of humor and always makes jokes to make others laugh.
- Knows how to listen actively to others when they talk and does not interrupt.
- Communicates unambiguously and concisely that gives others an easy time to comprehend what is being passed across.
- Disagrees gracefully and respectfully when he or she does not accept or agree on a particular thing.
- Effectively manages emotions as well as the emotions of others.
- Interprets and handles conflict well enough to ensure that all parties achieve a win-win solution.
- Is fully aware of the words to be used and ensures that what is said has a positive effect on other people.
- Recognizes and manages the effects of personal stress and of those who are around properly.
- Is assertive and expresses oneself in a respectful and understandable manner.
- Knows how to solve problems by coming up with workable solutions effectively.
Interpersonal Skills: Meets Expectations Phrases
- Can comfortably get into a conversation with just about anyone.
- Appreciates the efforts taken by others to do any task and encourages them to be better.
- Always seeks to improve by learning new techniques and skills.
- Tries as much as possible to make people feel comfortable at all times.
- Demonstrates a good air of confidence and poise when articulating issues or expressing own feelings.
- Knows how and when to give constructive feedback to others and easily accepts correction.
- Follows the company culture strictly and inspires the same from his or her colleagues.
- Builds on good understanding and mutual reliance when given tasks to handle.
- Influences those around in a very positive way and inspires them to be the best that they can be.
- Adept at taking instructions and ensuring to follow them to the book.
Interpersonal Skills: Needs Improvement Phrases
- Has a bad attitude and does not readily accept when given constructive feedback.
- Does not always seek to be a team player and contribute effectively to team affairs.
- Does not take the time to develop and sustain positive and beneficial relationships.
- Expressing feelings and emotions are quite difficult leading to misunderstanding.
- Does not know how to communicate in a clear way so that others can easily understand.
- Has a strong personality something that has caused rifts within the team.
- Is not easily approachable and gives off an impression of superiority to those who are around her.
- Demonstrates a lack of confidence and poise when around other people.
- Does not work well with others something that brings conflict every now and again.
- Is not patient enough to handle issues and does not have a high tolerance level.
Interpersonal Skills: Self Evaluation Questions
- Give an instance your personality affected your relationships with others. How did you resolve it?
- How well do you work with those around you to ensure things are done?
- Are you always approachable or people tend to find it hard to approach you?
- Do you find it easy to strike a conversation with other people?
- Give an instance that your feelings and emotions became a hindrance to building meaningful relationships with others?
- How well do you receive and at the same time give constructive feedback?
- Do you always seek to make people relaxed when they are talking to you or do you use intimidation?
- Do you normally take the time to build meaningful and positive relationships with others?
- Do you always seek to influence people in a good way and support them in their efforts?
- How well do you receive instructions and follow them through to achieve the desired results?