LEARN HOW TO IMPROVE FIRM EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND CHECK AFTER 7 YEARS AND WHAT SHOULD REMAIN AS PART OF YOUR CHECKS
Conducting background checks for employees is essential to the success of every business. It helps the manager potential risks that could affect the business. It also aids in hiring the right people with the right skills thus reducing the rate of turnovers.
Background checks are the aspect of decision making on whether to hire and retain the employees. The checks ensure that the company is running smoothly hence achieving its goals and objectives.
Employee background checks.
- Criminal records- this is to ensure that the employee is law abiding and has no past criminal records. Necessary especially for a firm with sensitive data. It avoids workplace violence and enhances employee honesty.
- Medical records- this is to ensure that the employee can perform and accomplish particular tasks. Employers also require them for health insurance purposes and programs that concern your well-being.
- Bankruptcy- ensures that the employee is financially stable and can cater for his needs
- Educational records- ensures that the employee meets the required qualification necessary to perform the tasks
- Employment history- this makes the manager aware of the organization that the employee has worked in thus gauging the experience of the employee
- Workers compensation records-it portrays a record about the employee's compensation claim history so that you can prepare for the future regarding the wage that the corporation is expected to spend.
Employers also need to conduct a post background check after employment. Here are some tests to review after seven years.
- Drug screening- this ensures that the employee is drug-free and not an addict who cannot perform any duties not until he has a dose of his drugs. These kind of people are a liability to the company because most of their time is wasted on drugs hence the company is not productive.
- Conduct of employee- this checks how the employee relates to others and his behavior. The evaluation ensures that the firm is not at risk of losing customers in case of an employee who is rude and impatient to the customers
- Education background- in case there is need of promotion educational records are referred to ensure that they promote the right person with the required qualifications for a good job. Interviews are also conducted to ensure that the employee fits in with the new role.
- Medical licenses-this provides that the employee medical records are up to date thus not being a liability to the organization. In the case of a critical medical issue, the agency is not liable rather the insurance cover should include the employee throughout the working period.