When carrying out job performance appraisal, having the right questions will determine if you review all the work-related skills effectively. The questions needs to address all the competency areas being appraised such as understanding one’s job, teamwork, engagement, goal setting and attain a work-life balance among others.
It might be challenging to come up with job performance evaluation questions every time you are recruiting. But, not to worry, here is a list of questions you can apply:
- What one thing should you recommend to the managers to ensure that the company reaches the goals effectively?
- How can I ease your work?
- What do you think we can do differently in the next calendar year?
- Would you propose an alternate way of conducting your job?
- What part of your job do you like?
Goal setting/ attainment
- What is your key achievement this quarter of the year?
- What has been the most challenging aspect of your role?
- What are your objectives with this job?
- What do you want to achieve next year?
- Looking at your performance over the year, would you say you have met your targets?
Effectiveness of training and development
- What are your career development needs?
- What would you say about the support you have received so far?
- What could you do to improve your knowledge and skills?
- How has been the training that you have received this year?
- Do you have recommendations that can improve the training and development program?
Work/ life balance
- How can fun activities enhance your job?
- What activities outside work do you love to engage in?
- Do you feel that the company gives enough time for fun activities?
- Do you feel that activities outside work help in improving your performance?
- What are some of the fun activities you can recommend for the company?
Understanding of one’s role
- What are the key tasks that make up your role?
- Do you feel that you are effective in your current role?
- How does your current role relate to the company’s goals?
- How can you describe your present responsibilities?
- What is your next move in your career development?
- What has been your contribution to the team projects or in the organization as a whole?
- Do you prefer working alone or in a team?
- When you work in teams, do you feel as part of it or as an individual?
- Do your team members find you indispensable?
- What has been your experience so far when you are carrying out assignments in teams?