Find out the top 25 benefits that accrue to an employee satisfaction survey.
Just as it is important to satisfy your customers, it is quintessential to maintain a satisfied workforce. One way of ensuring that your team is motivated is by conducting a survey to determine their satisfaction levels. What are the benefits of employee satisfaction survey benefits? Let’s learn together.
Provision of credible information
- Allows anonymity - Since, the respondents do not fear about being reproached later, they are more than willing to provide the required information. They express their concerns without hesitating.
- Assurance that the information will not be used against them - The employees are assured that any info they give, be it negative or positive will not be used against them.
- Pre-survey - Prior to the survey, the employees are notified of the exercise and what is expected of them. Hence, they offer useful information.
- Shy people and introverts can respond to the questions in an open manner than they would in one-on-one setting.
- The surveys are addressed to individual employees, which means that they respond with minimal influence.
Reduces employee turnover
- By allowing employees to express their concerns, it provides them with a platform to present the issues affecting them to you.
- It gives you an understanding of why some employees have been leaving.
- Employee satisfaction survey also informs you about how the employees perceive their job.
- It gives you suggestions for the changes that employees would appreciate in their workplace.
- The survey also helps to decrease employee’s dissatisfaction, which may lead to them leaving.
Improves employee engagement and productivity
- A satisfaction survey is a form of engaging employees to contribute to something, which can inform changes in the organizations.
- When employees understand that you care about their satisfaction, they will ensure that they do their best to give back.
- Satisfied employees normally depict positive attitude. This is reflected on their job as well.
- Having a team of satisfied and engaged employees improves the productivity of the organization.
- Programs that are developed to improve employee satisfaction after the survey help to improve the way employees perform their duties, leading to increased productivity.
Helps to identify motivational factors
- During the survey, some employee may state that recognition programs best motivate them.
- Others work well when compensated in the form of monetary incentives.
- The survey will also provide info about employees who would like to train and develop their careers.
- Some will use the survey to make the organization understand that they love being recognized.
- The survey can also tell the management about the primary drivers of motivation in the organization including promotion.
- When employees know that their company has a policy of conducting confidential employee satisfaction surveys, they will increase their trust and confidence in the company.
- Employees will have more trust in the company since they know they can be listened to.
- The survey assures the employees of the organization’s concern about them.
- Surveys also build enough trust to ensure effective communication.
- Where there is trust, employee motivation and retention is increased.