Use this step by step sample to write your own sales representative resume that will earn you a perfect position
The sales representative role is vital to the overall success of the organization. This position can have many responsibilities depending on the exact field or industry. The primary job is to sell products and services in a particular assigned region to achieve a maximum growth, profitability, and market penetration. When looking for a sales representative position, your resume should show the kind of person you are to excel in a sales role. Your resume is what will sell your skills, expertise and knowledge to the employer to the point of wanting to hire you. You must prove that you can meet and exceed your sales goals of the prospective employer without fail.
A sample of a sales representative resume
456 Main Street, San Francisco, CA 80970
Home 999-555-3434/ Cell: 777-333-2323
- Hardworking with eleven years experience in the sales department.
- Strong ability to convince customers towards optimal sales.
- Possesses a positive attitude and a high level of determination
- Independent sales rep with a high level of experience from reputable companies.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Outstanding accounting and mathematics skills
- Determined in sales and marketing for all products
- Highly organized and meticulous in my work
- Creative thinker in coming up with sales strategies
- Prompt and clear in communication to everyone
- Focused on the right sales path
Inside sales rep/ 2/1/2011-current
The Big Knife Cityland, CA
- Keeping detailed account records and contract logs
- maintained at least 80% customer renewal rate
- Utilize a consultative selling approach to all customers
- Developed strategies to grow the customer base that resulted in a 30% increase in all monthly sales.
- Negotiated prices, service agreements and terms of sales
- Giving on-site sales presentations to existing and potential customers
- Follow up new customers and ensure satisfaction.
- Design exclusive advertisements for the company services.
Inside sales representative/ 4/2/2009 - 1/30/2011
Mary Kay Ltd, New Cityland, CA.
- Managed and recorded all leads from the outbound telephone marketing.
- Communicated major sales promotions to customers to grow at least 20% of faithful customers.
- Contacted both old and new customers to discuss their needs and how they could be met with specific products and services.
- Conducted business telephone calls.
- Set up new customer accounts and set up payment methods.
- Distributed magazines and catalogs for available products for sale
- Hosted tea parties and formal gatherings to introduce and sell Mary Kay products.
- Introduced Independent sales reps and trained them on policies and processes.
St. Janes University, Houston, TX
Bachelor of Arts in communication, 2008