Data Entry: Use these examples for setting employee performance goals. Help your employees master this skill with 5 fresh ideas that drive change.
Data Entry is a skill to key in information from various sources as directed by the management while keeping to the policies and procedures of the company and ensuring they are accurate.
Data Entry: Set Goals for your Employees. Here are some examples:
- Become more responsible and develop a positive attitude towards work
- Learn more computer skills and learn how to use different data entry software packages
- Put extra effort in doing similar tasks repeatedly for long periods of time
- Show willingness to improve typing skills and learn how to type more accurately and faster
- Demonstrate more willingness to work efficiently in a team and independently
- Learn how to transcribe documents, to type up manuscripts, and to input complex statistical data
- Proofread work before submitting and improve on spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Put extra effort to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Show willingness to learn more literacy and numeracy skills when working with data
- Learn more about data confidentiality and put more effort to improve knowledge in privacy issues
Data Entry: Improve and master this core skill with these ideas
- Strive to attain proficiency with computer studies - There are numerous platforms offering computer studies including the local community colleges, public libraries or learning centers. Enroll to learn how to use your computer to send and receive emails, use Microsoft office and spreadsheet programs among many others.
- Invest in learning how to type fast - data entry cannot happen if you do not know how to type or your speed is not up to the standards. Enroll in typing classes online and offline that will make you a guru in typing speed and accuracy. Increasing the word count per minute is critical in earning a decent income from data entry.
- Mastering data entry tools - data entry experts ought to learn the Microsoft excel because of its the program they use to key in and store data. Learning all the aspects of the windows system to make it easier for them to grasp what needs to be done.
- Strictly follow a schedule and block all kinds of distractions - Focus is key in doing your work regardless of what department you work for. Sticking to plans set keeps you safe from causing inconveniences to your managers and customers. Blocking any distractions helps you concentrate on finishing your work within the set deadlines. Distraction is the enemy of hard work and concentration. Block out all things to ensure you stay focused all the time.
- Allocate time to proofread your work - We all make mistakes in the different sectors of our workplace. When entering data in the system using the word processor, ensure that you always proofread after you are done to eliminate all errors, typos, and unnecessary words.