Appearance and Grooming: Use these sample phrases to craft meaningful performance evaluations, drive change and motivate your workforce.
Appearance and Grooming are the way one presents themselves in a professional environment or the workplace with the aim of gaining positive impression and respect as well.
Appearance and Grooming: Exceeds Expectations Phrases
- Always maintains a professional appearance in dress and manner of doing things
- Always carries a smile and friendly greeting to share with others in the entire office
- Readily adheres to the company's dress and grooming policy and regulations
- Represents the company well at all the off-site meetings attended
- Motivates team members and always leads the others by example
- Adheres to the traditional culture of honor and respect for one another
- ?Walks the Talk? actions are always consistent with the words
- Dresses in a dignified manner that causes others to respect boundaries
- Engages in mature talk that welcomes feedback from peers and staff
- Respects the position offered always covering the part to be a great example
Appearance and Grooming: Meets Expectations Phrases
- Maintains a high level of cleanliness and arrangement starting from the work desk
- Ensures both genders respect each other and maintains clear boundaries
- Presents a warm, unique look that attracts customers, coworkers, and staff
- Ensures good example is set before other employees especially the newbies
- Dresses the part to create both personal and corporate confidence
- Wears a bright smile every day that lights up the entire company
- Keeps the company culture alive by respecting the dress code
- Does not use grooming that conflicts with the company policy
- Work hard to ensure good looks, and hard work go together
- Determined to keep the workplace a happy and respectable dwelling
Appearance and Grooming: Needs Improvement Phrases
- Does not project an image of professionalism through the dressing
- Highly inconsistent in enforcing and following the company policies and procedures
- Often disrespectful and unfair in dealing with subordinates about their grooming
- Fails to display an acceptable standard of good professional grooming
- Often shows up at work with uncombed hair and in wrinkled clothes
- Does not take any steps to work on the overall impression made
- Tends to use overly familiar terms like kiddo or buddy
- Gossips about the coworkers and picks battles easily bringing conflict in the workplace
- Fails to meet the company's policy on the personal hygiene standards
- Inconsistent in following and keeping major ethical business practices that matter to the company
Appearance and Grooming: Self Evaluation Questions
- What are your personal motives behind your dressing and grooming?
- Do you follow the company policies and regulations in regards to how you should dress?
- Are you introducing a good or bad example to other employees who are watching you?
- Do you respect the professional boundaries that the company has set in regards to dressing?
- Are you satisfied with what you wear and do you show too much flesh?
- Have you taken into consideration the feedback you have received from your peers and staff?
- Are you able to tell others to present themselves professionally without feeling guilty of doing the opposite?
- What is your level of hygiene that you present to others?
- Do your dressing and attitude create a professional atmosphere that attracts people?
- Are customers more attracted to your confidence, skills, and good grooming?