If you have quite a number of employees, managing them can be a nightmare. But not to worry, with employee timesheet calculator, you can keep track of the hours your employees work. It makes it easier to calculate the total hours worked. That way, it saves your resources.
An employee timesheet calculator is any business manager?s best tool. It allows them to calculate the hours their employees work more efficiently and accurately. The basic timesheet calculator can make subtraction between time in and time out, to deduce the time worked. Usually, the time is recorded in hours and minutes. The calculator adds the for the day or week as directed.
The calculator also enables you to calculate hours worked overtime, and it can subtract extra hours from the regular hours of work. This tool helps you to take account of your employee?s work while ensuring that they are paid for their overtime work.
Types of employee timesheet calculator
Employee timesheet calculators range from basic to complicated ones. Nonetheless, most calculators with have common features. These include the hourly pay rate, which is the rate employees are paid, overtime rate and all the seven days of the week. It also features columns for recording time in and time out and a column for total hours worked for each day. The time can be entered in 24-hour format or military time. The rows have totals of the hours worked, the total regular and overtime pay as well as the total wages for the week.
The timesheets have formulas that ease the calculation. The total pay is calculated based on the rate per hour for the regular and overtime hours worked.
- Types of employee timesheet calculators
- an excel timesheet calculator
- What is a timesheet calculator
There are variations to the basic timesheet calculator to meet different needs. You will find some employee timesheet calculators with two breaks, bi-weekly timesheets, those with breaks in minutes and monthly and half-month timesheets.
Why a timesheet calculator is critical for your business
The top benefit for a business to use a timesheet calculator is to make the task of recording hours worked and calculating the pay much easier and to spend less time on it. The process is also not prone to errors, unlike the manual recording. This helps to save money and time while employees are paid for what they have worked.
An organization has the benefit of choosing from the many readily available online calculators whether it needs basic or the more advanced features.
Apply these supervisory skills so that you can become a great and effective supervisor.
Supervisors do interact directly with their subordinates. Hence, it is important for them to have particular skills to ensure that the interaction is productive. What are the crucial supervisory skills should any supervisor uphold? Here is a list of a few skills that are needed for effective supervision:
One of the roles that one must take when they are appointed as supervisors is planning. There are various aspects of planning. Therefore, a supervisor should have skills in the following areas to ensure effective planning. They include:
- Scheduling- Timekeeping is the mandate of any leader. A supervisor should be able to drive the subordinates to work within sustainable timelines
- Budgeting- Often, organizations work within fixed budgets. Hence, sound planning is needed to make sure finances are located appropriately
- Tasking- It is the duty of the supervisor to plan tasks and match them to appropriate individuals
- Creating goals and objectives
- Predicting the future
The key role of a supervisor is to lead others but not without specific skills. Here are a few of the leading skills:
- Decision making- While it is important to consult others, the supervisor need to be the sole decision maker
- Communicating- They must be able to communicate well with their subordinates
- Motivating- Besides, the supervisor should be in a position to persuade the employees towards goal achievement
- Developing individuals- It is the duty of the supervisor to see to the growth of the subordinates
- Appointing people- Supervisors are also responsible for selecting people whom they think are suited for various tasks
- Conflict resolution- Leaders act as mediators in conflicts that arise among the employees
Supervisors also need organization skills such as;
- Defining tasks- It is the responsibility of a supervisor to explain work to the employees
- Grouping assignments- Supervisors are also mandated to group related tasks for effective implementation
- Assigning tasks- They are also responsible for delegating duties to the subordinates based on the skill level of the individuals
- Integrating work
Lastly, a supervisor needs to have control over his/her subjects. They require skills in:
- Creating standards- For effective evaluation, developing standards is inherent
- Assessing performance- Supervisors should measure the performance of their subordinates
- Evaluation of performance- The supervisors should evaluate the performance results critically to point out areas of improvement
- Correcting performance- Where an employee performs averagely or poorly in their tasks, the supervisor should encourage and support them to improve their performance.