Comments on performance appraisal help an organization in describing and guiding the performance of its employee. It's an important aspect as it gives the feedback based on performance. An employee comment on performance shows the areas that need improvements thus helping the company to achieve its goals and objectives. It's important to have an honest and consistent comment regarding performance appraisal as it is the key aspect that allows the organization to make changes in areas that require change and improvements. Comments are also important in career development, employee retention as they show the employee that his contribution is dearly noted.
It is crucial for both employer and employee to offer feedback after conducting the performance evaluation. Comment feedback helps the company to move forward and always keeps employees on toes towards achieving the objectives of the institution. Here are some examples of employee comments on performance appraisal.
- Can be relied upon to work overtime when required with no complain
- Always at work on time without being pushed
- Completes his work precisely on time before leaving for the day
- He is accountable and responsible throughout the working period
- Never misses work without prior communication.
- Works hard to compensate for the time lost in his/her absence.
- Has efficient communication and excellent oral skills
- The employee writes reports on time with accurate grammar and punctuation
- Always knows when to consult and whom to ask when a problem arises and when matters are not clear to him
- His phone messages are very precise polite and complete
- His encounter with customers is commendable.
- He is cautious of how his decisions will affect his colleagues before coming into conclusion
- He offers sound judgment before arriving at conclusion of any matter
- Conveys analytical skills necessary for making any judgments
- Often makes research to gather information needed to make a critical decision
- Spends less time or no time to less important matters of his daily job
- Offers creative and workable solutions to problems
- He is cautious about assumptions and often never make any assumptions
- Contributes effectively to teamwork
- Conveys a real relationship when working with others
- He is cooperative and often appreciates others
- He often looks forward to assisting others at the workplace.
- Projects an attitude of equality that encourages other employees despite his superiority
- Can answer customers questions efficiently and politely
- Often make positive comments that enhance a working relationship with others
- Employee is self-driven and hence requires less supervision
- He produces a high quality of work
- Has high level of accuracy on work productivity
- The employee is proud of work and often strives forward to performance improvement
- His work is free of errors and always submitted on time.