Entrepreneurial Thinking: Use these examples for setting employee performance goals. Help your employees master this skill with 5 fresh ideas that drive change.
Entrepreneurial Thinking is a mindset that allows embraces critical questioning, innovation, service and continuous improvement with an attitude of change.
Entrepreneurial Thinking: Set Goals for your Employees. Here are some examples:
- Put extra effort in executing ideas and always seek advice on untested ideas
- View failure as part of the game and take failure as a learning experience to realize success
- Avoid falling prey to naysayers and believe in the business venture
- Develop more confidence when going against the majority and when doing something new and different
- Volunteer in community activities within the community that supports the venture
- Consistently follow up with existing customers, prospects, and business alliances
- Put more effort in analyzing situations, conduct research, compile data, and make conclusions based on facts obtained from the research
- Avoid jumping blindly into action and always consider the likelihood of failure
- Survey customers and prospects and put more effort in offering them personalized attention
- Show more willingness to learn how to make better financial decisions
Entrepreneurial Thinking: Improve and master this core skill with these ideas
- Stay passionate about your work - Passion is the ultimate key to career success as well as contentment. You had better be working hard on your emotions rather than spending your entire day fantasizing about how you will do great work. If you feel like you are stuck in the department that you are working in, ask if you can be shifted to the office that you are content with. If you are not passionate about what you are doing, you need to redefine your passions because all jobs require passion.
- Become a risk taker ? sometimes it does not help us to play safe, we need to take risks to be able to reach higher goals and learn new business tricks from others. What sets an employee to an entrepreneur thinking apart from other average thinkers is his appetite for risk. Nobody says taking a risk is easy; it?s a risky step that we need to learn how to partake to ensure we get new developments or even a promotion following our risks. It is the best way to find out how best we can grow in the heat of expectations.
- Improvise ? Innovators are the best improvisers who know how to make new stuff from general ideas. They are creative thinkers who create original ideas navigating the start up period and orienting to emerging competition. As entrepreneurs put their minds together, they come up with something new and different than those already in the same industry.
- Prepare for failure ? Sometimes the journey is not all rosy, there are days you will fail even when you plan to excel. Be ready for such times by allowing mistakes that you cannot help when they occur. Acknowledge the mistakes and figure out how to sort them out as well as move on to new grounds.
- Be self-driven ? Be your own boss, set your schedule and be accountable to self and others are the rules of a self driven person. Self driven people are always ready to work and put in more hours in their day, despite the challenges and pitfalls that come along theway. No matter what, self-driven people move forward and remain reliant on themselves.