Understand how to write a new hire letter and use our sample to write a quality letter
A welcome letter to a new hire confirms that the employee has been nominated for the open position. This welcome message helps the new hire feel welcome and wanted. It is used to show that the company is satisfied with their choice and they are committed to making the new hire succeed even as the business does the same. This letter also explains, in brief, the reporting date and time, business dress code and any other details that the company may wish to express. It is also a confirmation that the corporation is expecting to meet the new hire on the first day of work.
A sample of a new hire welcome letter
Sigh Khan Enterprises
234-00897 New York,
12th July 2013
Dear Alice Shawn,
Welcome on board! We are delighted to inform you that you are joining us. Your background and skills impressed us, and we can't wait to have you join our team.
Please report on 3rd August 2013 to our office Green Delta Building on 19th Floor, 5th street of Park View Street, New York. The head of Human Resources, Mr. Vijay will be waiting to receive you. Your first day is already organized to help you settle in with ease. A short peek into the outline of your first day is as follows:
- Take time to sign the employment contract and any other necessary paperwork.
- Acquaint yourself with your workstation and with any other hardware equipment you ought to use and set up your company accounts.
- Meet with your team leader for a briefing on the responsibilities of your position.
- Sit for an induction training on the company basics like the company policies, products, and perks.
- Over lunch time, Mr. Vijay will introduce you to more colleagues who you will not have met in the morning session.
An employee directory link will be sent to you in your email to help you familiarize yourself with the company; it will help you settle more comfortably at your workplace.
The company's dress code is smart casual. Please remember to bring your Identity Card with you as we will need it. Enclosed are benefit forms and employment contract that you can review before you sign.
The attached employee handbook is attached to help you learn more about the Company's culture. We look forward to welcoming you in person and working with you.
Ms. Susan Christie
Manager Employment Department,